Friday, February 27, 2009

summer farewell

I haven't posted in a while, and that this is not for lack of inspiration so much as the exact opposite - too much inspiration, too much happening, argh argh argh! I don't really even have the time to craft an eloquent post today but for the sake of positing something, ANYTHING, i thought i would just upload some images (lomo, again). These were all taken agggges ago, not during the summer, but right before it, around the fringes of warmth. You can see that in the grey skies and empty beaches. It's the kinda weather that is right around the corner for us now.

As usual, I am sad to see summer go, because I love her warm embrace and her bright yellow light. But, on the other hand, I'm getting quietly excited about boots and umbrellas and gloves and scarves. And, in many ways, I farewelled summer the moment I stepped back into study. Study always feels to me like the antithesis of summer, for in my mind it is necessarily accompanied by wet-edged library books and lots and lots of tea. Besides, there is nothing sweeter than to look out of a window and see a university under rain clouds. It works, somehow.






Happy Autumn everyone!
x magda

No comments:

Post a Comment