Monday, December 29, 2008

NYE, past & present

It's been nearly a year since these photos were taken, but hey I only recently acquired a scanner, and I'm currently going hogwild with it. These ones are taken with the lovely red holga that ben purchased for me last Christmas.

I love love love the beauty of film; that you have to wait several weeks before you can see a photo, and that by then you've forgotten that you ever even took it. I also love lomography a little more with every roll I have developed. Most of the time only about half is even worth looking at (which can be pretty damn disheartening), but those photos that do work out always feel so rich in life and atmosphere. EXAMPLE: the below photos for me perfectly capture the heady spirit of last year's new year's eve. I feel drunk just looking at them, but maybe that's just me.

More on that crazy night.
More on lomography.



In other news, I'm really struggling to design a pinwheel logo for this page. Everything I make ends up looking like a swastika - please don't judge me while I experiment. Consider swastikas in hinduism?


x magda

2 comments:

  1. ahhh! that was such a wonderful night, i feel that my ghostly impression truly reveals the joy i felt that night

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great lomo-photos, Magda! I love the bleeding colours and the blurriness. Sounds like you had a great NYE :)

    ReplyDelete